Careers with Dekko – Trade Counter Assistant
May 17, 2021
As a member of the trade counter department, you will support in the day to day running of our busy trade counter, dealing with face to face, telephone and email enquiries.
Main accountability and responsibilities
- Meeting and greeting customers at the trade counter, communicating well with customers, and showing a high standard of customer service.
- Dealing with customer queries effectively and efficiently
- Accurately and competently taking customer orders via telephone, answering machine, and email and processing them through the computer system
- Quoting effectively, efficiently, and accurately, and to check own work before sending it out to the client to confirm
- Administration of sales order processing in line with the company procedure, to include; taking and processing of sales orders. Processing relevant paperwork
- Electronic and hard copy file management
- Managing own workload and supporting the rest of the team; ensuring all work is carried out in a timely manner
- Undertaking any other duties as may reasonably be required to support the team
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with your team and customers
- Checking and recording delivery paperwork
- Providing sales and technical support on products for customers, including quotes for customers, information such as stock availability, pricing, and lead times
- Daily warehouse duties may be required including packing, loading, and unloading deliveries
- Working with the manager in regards to opening new trade accounts
- Competent with Microsoft packages particularly excel, good PC skills required
If you, or you know someone who may be interested in applying for this position please forward a cover letter or CV Mark Hill, email@example.com.